Monday 21 March 2016

EPISODE SEVEN Part2 - A PERFECT DRAW





Hi everyone. Sadly this week i only managed to get two games in due to an odd number of players but they were very interesting games. Here's a reminder of what i was flying.






GAME ONE.

In game one my Y-wings came up against Darth Vader, Zertik Strom and Colonel Jendon. I placed the majority of the asteroids on the rights flank hoping to draw the TIE advanced in and let my turrets take care of. them in the crossfire. However, my enemy didn't fall for the trap, and both the TIE Advanced moved directly to engage my Btla Y-wing. With an unexpected surge forwards my Btla managed to block Zertik and caused Vader to bump right behind. Sadly, even with my primary shots and autoblaster turret i only managed to punch through one damage onto Vader. Leaving the TIE's behind my Btla went full steam ahead and locked onto the lambda. By now the rest of my fleet had managed to curl around the asteroids and were mounting a mass flank attack. Once i had my full force in position to fire, the enemy didn't last long. The Lambda was focused by the Y-wings with the Agromechs guiding the blaster turrets shots, the shuttle lost 6 hits in a single round. One turn later the Lambda was finished off by Kavil, But Vader sought revenge and managed to kill my Btla Y-wing. The Y-wings began to circle the TIE advanced. Vader couldn't turn enough to get the Y-wings into ark, and with a hail of laser fire Vader was destroyed. Surrounded and having seen his allies destroyed, Zertik decides to cut his losses and flees. Victory to the Scum and Villainy.



GAME TWO.

In game two ill admit i was a little afraid. I was against the dual IG88 Brobots. I knew in this match up I would have to be more aggressive and try to circle the IG as best i could. I sent my Btla Y-wing right for the Brobots while the others moved to flank them. Once again the Btla managed to block my
opponent, stopping them from getting into position or taking actions. By the time the IG got managed to engage, the Y-wing had them completely surrounded. With all of my Y-wings focusing on one Ig at  time it wasn't long before I managed to kill one. The other i managed to keep blocking using one Y-wing or another and eventually forced it to preform segnors loop. This allowed my ships to know almost exactly where the IG would be next turn. My ships
got into position and kavil managed to blast it out of the sky. Victory to the Scum! (with not a single casualty!)



THE REVIEW

This list worked great. So much maneuverability and  pure bulk the Y-Wings preformed great.

TLT - The Twin Laser Turret Y-wing preformed great in this list. It spent most of its time flying along side the Blaster Turret Y-wings. This made the Tlt a constant issue that was hard to deal with, as getting in range one of the Tlt meant being in range one of the Blaster Turrets.

BLASTER TURRET - The Blaster Turret - Agromech combination showed its strength again. They caused the majority of the damage and fired very reliably every turn. Even against fast and agile ships like the IG88 and Vader they were great.

BTL-A4 - The Btla Y-wing seemed to fit the role of blocking my opponents very well tho it rarely did much damage. I think were i to fly this list again i would either swap out the Btla for a Khiraxz fighter or replace the AutoBlaster turret with a dorsal turret. The Dorsal Turret is only 1 point more and would allow the Btla essentially fire its primary weapon twice at range 1-2. Yes you don't have the automatic hits of the Autoblaster turret but you are likely to attack more often with your turret and at range one ou have an extra attack die.




Amazingly, this weeks games at the league ended in a perfect draw. With both me and my friend jack having the exact same Win-Loss ratio, The exact same MOV and as far as we can tell the same SOS. In the end we just rolled off for it and called jack the winner, but I think Y-wings were the real winner today.

Sadly i was unable to show off wave 8 on the day of release, as my new ships didn't arrive until the day after. However Next week we will be diving into a Wave 8 list as well as a special post taking a look at what wave 8 brings to Scum and Villainy. As always my commissions page is in the side bar my paintbrush is ready for all of our wave 8 needs. Thanks for reading and until next time.

Goodbye and Fly Casual

No comments:

Post a Comment